Documentary Storytelling. Lifestyle and Corporate.
I have photographed princes and paupers, whirlwind brides and the winner of a Nobel Peace Prize.
A skill set refined through adventure travel in over two dozen countries, stacks of weddings, magazines, and corporate campaigns.
Photography and Videography both available for discerning clients seeking authentic documentary and commercial quality.
How do I fill my days? With photography, videography, and editing at home and abroad.
My corporate shooting specializes in on-location documentary profiles and corporate projects. For example, I photographed in every province and the NWT for the Canadian Cancer Society, crafting photo-essays of heartening determination for awareness campaigns, informational brochures, and fundraising materials.
Projects in autumn 2015 involved shoots and editing videos of Top Chef Canada winner Dale McKay for Tre Stelle/Arla and Canadian Olympic hockey gold medal winners Becky Keller and Cheryl Pounder with Source for Sports.
In terms of travel, I am a contributor to EatDrinkTravel.com and Outpost travel magazine, with assignments varying from the humid Colombian Amazon rainforest to the hidden ancient German heartland. Content includes realtime tweets, article dispatches, and photographs to generate social media buzz, backed by articles, photos and video content for publication. Outpost magazine's winter Nov/Dec 2015 issue has our journey up the Sleeping Giant in northern Ontario.
Further, as the Researcher for travel television shows Departures (OLN; NatGeo; Netflix) and Descending (OLN; Travel Channel), I spent years engaged in off-the-beaten-path travel. These days I spend much of my time collaborating with the production company as a videographer and editor on corporate and commercial shoots.
Finally, I make my services together as a rare 'documentary photographer of the wedding day', bringing my unique documentary skill set, refined around the world, to the wedding day story. My style is shaped by classic Time and Life magazine storytelling. I am honoured to be Eaton Chelsea hotel's -- the largest hotel in Toronto -- exclusively preferred wedding photographer. http://chelsea.eatonhotels.com
Me: The man behind the camera.
- I bring a worldview to the small moments. And the storytelling between those moments.
- My favourite film camera for personal projects is a 1958 Canon P Rangefinder I bought in Kyoto.
- I have a PhD in Cultural History and authored two books.
- I hunted out local beer in every province and the Yukon.
- I spent a month photographing an exhibition for Amnesty International throughout Thailand.
- The Prince of Ubud dressed me in his clothes for a ceremony. We then went clubbing until dawn.
- I have dual Canadian and Irish citizenships. Coincidentally, I happen to love beer and potatoes.
- I think dogs are a superior creature.